Bye JB, be safe!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he he he ...good one.

he just told his command the other day that the grub on the Big Island sucked and they did a lousy job. he said "Marines will do a lot of things...but ya gotta feed them. He looks out for his men, I respect that.

I know all about those...what are they called? those combat dinners. High calories, loaded with fat? He said when they invaded Afganistan they only were fed once a day....no coats for six weeks either. 16 F That kind of stuff upsets me.
We should do better by them. I should not repeat it, he did not say it, I read it in Nate Fick's book and then asked him...all true. Those guys don't complain much.

MRE's.

A love of their fellow men, a love of Country and a love of their god, that is what makes a soldier. God Bless..........
Catherine, don't talk too loud at the OSC meetings...........Jimbo

what's OSC?

hey I have stickers on my car now.

thanks Bruce. You always renew my faith.

Yikes, I didn't realize he was heading back. Both of you will be in my thoughts. Shame on those who would send these men and women in ill-equipped.

drbill:
Yikes, I didn't realize he was heading back. Both of you will be in my thoughts. Shame on those who would send these men and women in ill-equipped.
Ummm, that would be your side. 8 years of military budget gutting under Clinton. It takes a while to rebuild. Freedom aint free ya know? No, I guess you wouldn't.

Why? In the long run it will be a good thing.

hey now, WC. don't start running off our friends dude.

I think it was logistical more than money....

it's like they did not know how to send them to Afganistan or something...

what do I know?

then they got these great black fleece jackets...its like 16 degrees and they all put them on. And some Colonel makes them all take them off cause they aren't standard uniform. So..here they are cold but cannot wear the jackets.

(thanks Bill) they have all the great gear now. Just not enough bodies for the tempo.

At the start of the war, everyone had green BDUs in the desert. Sometimes it take a while to shift gears.

Catherine,
OSC...........Officer Spouses Club, we call it spouses now since us Men who throw a wrench in there dont like going to the "wives" Club. Come on girl, you need to get with it, when/if JB becomes a Commander, it will be your job to take care of all the wives/families of the the Men/Women under his command.
Oh, and now you have to start working on being snooty too!......:D :D :D
and just joking on the snooty, stay down to earth like ya are......:blinking:

mrjimboalaska:
A love of their fellow men, a love of Country and a love of their god, that is what makes a soldier. God Bless..........
Catherine, don't talk too loud at the OSC meetings...........Jimbo

he ain't a soldier, he's a f%#&*#g Marine.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom