Bwarf ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pre dive buddy check
BWRAF is the accronymn used by PADI to tell you what to check when doing a buddy check

Bouyancy= check that the bcd holds air, fits right and has the LP inflator connected.
Weights= chec to see that the weights are one. weight belts have a right hand release and that the weight belt/weight systems isn't deadmanned.
Releases=check all releases on the BCD, the tank strap, and any attached equipment, so you are familiar with your buddies gear, should you need to get them out of it.
Air= 5 points of air....air to BCD, air is turned on, check the SPG for full tank, test air to primary and octo. (6th point if diving a drysuit is the power inflator for the dry suit.
Final Ok= lastly a final OK, look at your buddy from head to toe to make sure nothing looks odd or out of place.

that is BWRAF

cancun mark:
or should I do a search?
Go ahead - do a search!!! (BTW, you'll find several dead threads, but if you're diligent, you'll find be able to successfully complete your Quest... :crafty:

My favourite (which I think I picked up somewhere here)...

Why do you a buddy check?
Becuase...

Breathing
Water
Really
Ain't
Fun!

SomethingFishy:
Just reading through the Accidents and Incidents forum, and I've seen "BWARF" used a few times... could someone tell me what it means?

Thanks
Jo
Here's another one (from the ISS book on EAN) for recognizing signs of CNS Oxygen Toxicity:

C + VENT + ID

Convulsions
Visual distortion
Ears (ringing)
Nausea
Twitchiness
Irritability
Dizziness

Jerry

SomethingFishy:
Just reading through the Accidents and Incidents forum, and I've seen "BWARF" used a few times... could someone tell me what it means?

Thanks
Jo

We use this as a checklist of things to check prior to getting in.
BCD (make sure it secured and inflated prior to jumpng in)
Weights( are they on and secured)
Air (check to make sure its turned on)
Reg (check both out b4 u jump in )
F Fins ( arethey on and secured)

Thanks
Jo

This is a PADI Open Water training thing for buddy pre-dive checks. BCD-Weights-Air-Releases-Final

They use all kinds of things to remember the sequence... my favorite is Bruce Willis Ruins All Films... not true, but it is funny and it does help me remember.

Back
Top Bottom