Bwarf ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this thread could get seriously out of hand REALLY quickly and I refuse to participate in it further for fear of hurting myself laughing and getting in trouble with the mods.

Boogie, thank you for answering the person's question without making some sort of lame, condescending comment.

Why cannot people answer a simple question? that's rhetorical, please don't start a thread on it or respond in any manner !!!!

OK, slightly offended at the all-seriousness (and I mean SLIGHTLY don't start having a go at me!!), the question HAS already been answered you know... So....

Burger With Relish And Fries

B = Buoyancy, not just BCD... You should check you're properly weighted at the start of your dive too.

And don't forget, make sure your Air is ON!! Soemtimes people turn their air on to check how much they have on their contents gauge, then turn it off for the journey to the dive site (in a boat, car or whatever) and don't purge their regs. They then take one breath on their regs before they go in to cheack, signal OK, jump in... And find their air ISN'T on after all, it was just the residual air left in their hose that they were breathing. Contents gauge shows air full if the cylinders off but regs haven't been purged too. So ALWAYS check it's actually ON!!

cancun mark:
or should I do a search?

Oooooo.

Just couldn't leave it alone, could I? Stupid curiosity just got the better of me yet again. *sigh*

After finding a 403 error from the original thread, I found a post of the photo in another thread. I wish I hadn't.

I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

Boogie711:
Big White Rabbits Are Fluffy
AKA
Blonde Women Really Are Fun.
PADI's official version is:
Begin With Review And Friend

My OW instructor's name was Fred.
Big White Rat Ate Fred

Bwarf is the amusing sounding version of BSACs "SEEDS & BAR" check. More specifically i think its buddy check only and not planning so "BAR".

It is also an apt description of some of the green coloured individuals ive seen on a hard boat in the irish sea when its "a bit lumpy".

:wink:
SomethingFishy:
Just reading through the Accidents and Incidents forum, and I've seen "BWARF" used a few times... could someone tell me what it means?

Thanks Begin With Review And Friend(its short for b=bcd/w=weights/r=releases/a=air/f=final ok and done before every dive ,have i seen someone (except Instructors and Students) doing the predive safety check on the boat,no!!! :wink:
Jo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom