Buying Used DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Mcshane

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey folk, I've got my GUE dpv course coming up in August, so i'll be looking to buy a used Suex or Halcyon dpv post course. Just looking for some tips or stuff to look out for when buying used.
Best,
Ryan

hey folk, I've got my GUE dpv course coming up in August, so i'll be looking to buy a used Suex or Halcyon dpv post course. Just looking for some tips or stuff to look out for when buying used.
Best,
Ryan
EE sells their "last years model" at some point at a good price. Still not cheap, but they are nice units. Or so I'm told.

Best,
Ryan
Beware of old batteries. They aren't cheap.

I'd also enquire as to when the shaft seal was last replaced as well as the gasket on the nose cone locking mechanism.

EE sells their "last years model" at some point at a good price. Still not cheap, but they are nice units. Or so I'm told.

Should have mentioned im in the UK so EE isnt an option. Thanks though, that would have been a great option.

Beware of old batteries. They aren't cheap.

I'd also enquire as to when the shaft seal was last replaced as well as the gasket on the nose cone locking mechanism.

Thanks. Any suggestions on model?

Should have mentioned im in the UK so EE isnt an option. Thanks though, that would have been a great option.

Thanks. Any suggestions on model?
What do you want to do with it?

Ocean stuff probably xj37 or a halcyon t16. Cave diving either xj37 or xk1.

Should say i was lookin at either an xj14 or T16. Not sure how far into diving either of those will carry me.
What do you want to do with it?

Ocean stuff probably xj37 or a halcyon t16. Cave diving either xj37 or xk1.

Ocean stuff, Cave dpv is a few years off but its something im planning for. Xj37 seems like a good choice then. Legend, thanks :)

by the time you get to cave anticipate replacing those batteries, they are a consumable

Buying used DPV's is risky business, like buying horses :). It's best you know the state and remaining capacity of the battery, this can only be done by stress testing charge/discharge and capacity cycles. As mentioned the batteries are expensive and even thou I don't own a DPV, I would buy new....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom