Buying Scuba Gear in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ruskybaby

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm off to Phuket in December and am unsure whether to buy a new mask, snorkel fins and boots on-line and take them with me or wait until I get there and buy them from one of the multitude of dive shops in Phuket. Does anyone know if the cost of equipment in Phuket is better value for money than buying on-line in the UK, is it much of a muchness or more expensive?

Appreciate feedback from anyone who is in the know about dive shops and gear costs in Phuket.

Cheers,

Rusky

Buy them in Phuket. Price is reasonable and you cannot buy a proper fitting mask online anyway. Also, you should get proper fit on the fins and maybe even get a chance to try them out.

just make sure that you "ask" for a discount................

You can get all the top brands here (Cressi, Mares, Scubapro, Tusa, Seaquest, Uwatec, SUUNTO etc) and you can get them at great prices. I as well as others (I assume) will match and beat any Internet prices you can get. Trying on your gear and even using it before committing to buy is something you wont be able to do online.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom