Buying New Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keyshunter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am planning on buying a compressor for personal use--about 100 fills a year, I am set up with single phase 220, and am considering the following:
Alkin W31
Bauer Junior II
Coltri MCH-6

The Bauer is about twice the price of the others. I would appreciate any suggestions from experienced compressor owners.

Bauer Capatano or any Bauer with the high pressure final stage oil pressure. There are a lot of them around, not cheap but there's a reason for that, Simple to work on also.

only bauer choose

Bauer Junior II is a very nice machine. However, it is real hard to justify paying that rate when the MCH6 is on sale for only $2900. But, if you are the kind of person that won't change the oil regularly, the Junior is the better pick since the MCH6 forth stage sits in the sump. And water collecting in the sump on top of the forth stage can rust valves, springs, piston, etc.

Bauer Junior II is a very nice machine. However, it is real hard to justify paying that rate when the MCH6 is on sale for only $2900. But, if you are the kind of person that won't change the oil regularly, the Junior is the better pick since the MCH6 forth stage sits in the sump. And water collecting in the sump on top of the forth stage can rust valves, springs, piston, etc.

How often would the oil need to be changed? I am in the Keys--very high humidity.

How often would the oil need to be changed? I am in the Keys--very high humidity.
I would say once a year on the oil And for the moisture make sure you have a priority valve at the outlet going to the charging lead..

Or every 500 hours. Doubtful you'll see that kind of use.

Back
Top Bottom