Buying Kit in Japan (!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdantpt

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I've been here for over 2 months now, and may finally get near the water soon :11ztongue but am trying to work out what to do about kit...

i was in a university club in the uk, so only own basics anyway, and i had to leave these at home - too heavy! it looks like its not worth the money to ship basics (avanti quattros weigh a ton!), so i hv to buy these really (?)

also, it looks like im gonna have to do commercial renting for everything else (relatively expensive) :11: or buy all the kit... although maybe arrange to borrow in the short term... i can already guess that japan is the most expensive place in the world for kit (?!) so any suggestions?!

thanks v much.

ps; if anyone is looking for dive buddies for izu (or further) destinations, send me a message! i did 50 or so dives last year...

Can't help you with the kits. But maybe for the dive buddy thing I can be of any service. :p
I'll be in Japan for almost the entire month of August. Before I was in need of a dive buddy to go diving at Izu, but in the mean time my girl got her license :p So not so sure anymore... anyway, I'll keep you posted. :wink:

Ramón

diverdantpt:
Ok, I've been here for over 2 months now, and may finally get near the water soon :11ztongue but am trying to work out what to do about kit...

i was in a university club in the uk, so only own basics anyway, and i had to leave these at home - too heavy! it looks like its not worth the money to ship basics (avanti quattros weigh a ton!), so i hv to buy these really (?)

also, it looks like im gonna have to do commercial renting for everything else (relatively expensive) :11: or buy all the kit... although maybe arrange to borrow in the short term... i can already guess that japan is the most expensive place in the world for kit (?!) so any suggestions?!

thanks v much.

ps; if anyone is looking for dive buddies for izu (or further) destinations, send me a message! i did 50 or so dives last year...

Where are you in Japan? Japan can be a very inexpensive place to buy gear if you know where to look. I am out the door to go diving right now but send a PM with type of gear desired and I will be in touch.

Hey
I dive with a club that does have equiment, so that is one option. I also will be selling my Seaquest Black Diamond soon, as I plan to make the switch to BP/W. It is a M/L, in immaculate condition and will have the Air Source included. So that could be another option for you.

I was down at IOP in IZU this weekend, great visibillity, water was chilly, but what a nice Saturday.

Tell me where you live and we can see if it would be possible for you to hook up with our vehicles that go down.

JAG

Contact me offline and we can discuss over a pint.

I can make special arrangements for you to borrow a kit if you are interested.

Same goes for other Tokyo divers.

Cheers,

Mar Scuba:
Contact me offline and we can discuss over a pint.

I can make special arrangements for you to borrow a kit if you are interested.

Same goes for other Tokyo divers.

Cheers,

Hey Matt - welcome!

Hi, Jonathan, finally Thomas convinced me to register and see what's going on in your world!

How many posts do I have to go to catch up to you???

Cheers,

Sorry to veer off topic, but is there any Japanese online shop that ships to Singapore? I'm specifically looking for Scubapro Jetfins in baby blue or pink (I'm serious - I saw a blue one here in SG but they were size M and the only pair left :( ). I need size L.

All the online shops are in Japanese :(

Or perhaps there's a kind soul making a trip to Singapore soon? :wink: Fat chance, but I thought I'd try my luck.

neve:
Sorry to veer off topic, but is there any Japanese online shop that ships to Singapore? I'm specifically looking for Scubapro Jetfins in baby blue or pink (I'm serious - I saw a blue one here in SG but they were size M and the only pair left :( ). I need size L.

Sad but try - if those colours are for sale they will be in Japan. You could try Toyo @ Diveman, I believe he stocks Jetfins (well I know he does but in pink or baby blue :11: ) and I am sure he will ship. He speaks pretty good English. L could be a problem here though as most brands stocked in Japan appear to be up to M - I recently bought my new fins on a trip home to the UK... (US Size 10 feet)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom