Buying HP Steel Tanks - New vs. Used/Old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the older Steel 100cf tanks rated at 3500psi - does anyone know the rough cubic feet, when at 3000 psi? The math suggests I should expect approx 85.7cf? ((3500/100) * 3000)

Does anyone know if the walls are thicker on the older 3500psi tanks vs the newer 3442psi tanks? Thicker walls normally mean more strength = longer longevity? (minus the variables of alloy and age/how well taken care of)

If we are talking about PST the wall thickness is the same. The cylinder was downrated for the use of a Pro valve.

Bob, are u looking for a set of doubles or just a single steel 100 ? I have a set of 100's all ready set up tanks , bands , manifolds, and current hydo and vis for sale. If u are looking for some steel 120's singles, I have 3 for sale w/ h valves all current hydo and vis. e- mail me at khrad@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom