Buying frameless generic without trying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quisp65

Reaction score
Cebu City Philippines & St. Louis Mo. USA
Considering buying an Apollo Frameless Bio-mask but haven't tried one on yet. The ScubaPro Frameless fits me just fine and I've never had a mask leak doing the suck up with your nose thing. I'm a new diver but have skin dived for a while and have never had much problems with masks.

I don't know why I'm writing this. I guess I want the go ahead to buy from some stranger :) Do you think the generic frameless are similar or are there sometimes differences? Anybody ever have a generic frameless leak and a Scubapro frameless work fine?

If the Subapro frameless fits you perfectly, why not get that one?
It is important to have gear that fits really good, and even if it is a bit more expensive, it might be a good investment.

I have heard that the Apollo basically is the same mask, but I would try it first if I where you. Otherwise you might end up spending money on something that does not really work for you.

Anders

The apollo bio-mask's skirt is too wide for my face (it would rather flood than clear). The scubapro has a narrower skirt and fits great.

I have the SP frameless and love it. Best mask I have ever had. Also fits all the people that I dive with, which is important to know in the even that it is needed for one of my team members. (its my backup mask as well)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom