Buying first set of gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldnt recommend a BP/W setup to a New Diver.

One person said it tends to want to push your face forward, and as a new diver, this causes a bit of panic fighting it.
But then again, if having your face in the water makes you panic, you may want to find another sport/hobby. Going out with an instructor who understands your gear is always a great idea. Perhaps you could get your AOW if you haven't already.

I have trouble understanding the logic of starting in one configuration and then switching just as you are becoming completely comfortable with it. A BP/W set-up will take you anywhere you wish to go as a diver with just a few adjustments.

I wouldnt recommend a BP/W setup to a New Diver.

One person said it tends to want to push your face forward, and as a new diver, this causes a bit of panic fighting it.

You should tell that one person to not over-inflate their wing on the surface, then they won't be pushed forwards. Of course, my brother's uncle's nephew's friend's dog said that when he had his BP/W on, the inflator hose tended to try and reach around his neck and choke him. It was only a single incidence so I'm sure every BP/W does that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom