Buying dive gear in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terramar

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think I’m going to want to pick up some good hard-sole boots and open-back fins for my dive buddy for the shore diving in Bonaire.

How is the gear selection in the shops? Will we have some decent choices? Maybe find some Scubapro Go Sport fins or something similar?

Or better to order something off Amazon when we pass through London for a few days on our way to Bonaire?

Definitely a decent selection, prices will likely be a little higher. Check out the independent shops in town.

Hi @terramar

Dive Friends carries Scubapro in addition to other brands. I did not visit their retail shop on my last visit in August. I have used them in the past for some repairs and a few purchases Retail - Dive Friends Bonaire They are very convenient for us as we stay at Den Laman. They used to be across the street, moved a short distance down the road.

Was in Dive Friends shop about a year ago. VERY well-appointed shop. Displayed selection beat any shop I've seen in Texas (but there's probably more diving off Bonaire than in Texas)

Seemed to be nice folks. I just went in for transmitter batteries. Ended up walking out with a Seadragon light I'd not intended to get.

OMMOHY

Specifically for boots, you should visit us: Xprodiver Bonaire. Most of the other shops are out, since it's very hard to get stock (neoprene) in :)

Besides neoprene. Most of the shops are well stocked, and you'll probably find all the dive gear you need.

When you return,,,,you'll hear those famous 3 words we've all heard before......

" Anything to Declare ?? "

When you return,,,,you'll hear those famous 3 words we've all heard before......

" Anything to Declare ?? "
I'd declare I had a good time.

I think I’m going to want to pick up some good hard-sole boots and open-back fins for my dive buddy for the shore diving in Bonaire.

How is the gear selection in the shops? Will we have some decent choices? Maybe find some Scubapro Go Sport fins or something similar?

Or better to order something off Amazon when we pass through London for a few days on our way to Bonaire?
I was there this past summer and had bought new boots before I left just in case.. I looked around when I was there, and although they did have some that would have worked for me, I was glad I bought ahead of time. I have yet to find a comparable to my 20 year old warm water hard bottom low rise boots. So they definitely have "some", but you will have wider options online and maybe your local shop - all depends on what you want.

Back
Top Bottom