Buying and Selling "Christened" Wetsuits

Pee-Pee Wetsuit Poll: Golden Rule?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's been entertaining (in sort of an alarming way) to read about people's opinions about whether to pee or not to pee in their wetsuit--and the thought came to me... how many people would buy a wetsuit if they KNEW FOR SURE that the previous owner had pottied in it?

DiverBry:
It's been entertaining (in sort of an alarming way) to read about people's opinions about whether to pee or not to pee in their wetsuit--and the thought came to me... how many people would buy a wetsuit if they KNEW FOR SURE that the previous owner had pottied in it?

I would just wash it, well....other than that no biggie.

You are touching and getting exposed to worst stuff than that on a daily basis, so don't sweat it.

I wouldn't buy one that stank.

Otherwise, urine is sterile, and if the suit is rinsed or treated so it doesn't smell, who cares.

It doesn't bother me. The ocean is the world's largest open air toilet, anyway. Trillions of life forms a day excrete into it, and we swim in it.

I don't buy second hand wetsuit...I did peed in wetsuit, I mind somone else pee in "Hygiene"

I pee in my wetsuit. But I wouldn't buy a used wetsuit. Peed in or not. The pee really has no bearing on the issue, however. That option wasn't really available in the poll, however.

If I was to sell my wetsuit, someone would be silly not to buy it. Henderson Insta-Dry. Liquids slide right off. And it has a microbial lining, better yet.

But I won't sell my wetsuit until it's dead, too compressed to be useful. And then you WOULD be a fool to buy it.

I'm with TSandM.

As long as it doesn't smell like a urinal who cares. My funkiest neoprene has come from rotting bio-load coming from open water, not from my relief.

Petye

As TSandM mentioned urine is sterile, although if the previous owner has certain diseases I believe they can be transmitted through it. However, a good cleaning and I wouldn't worry about it.

Advice from a former frequent pee'er who somehow changed his ways nearly 100 dives ago. I stopped peeing in my suit this summer for some unknown reason (possibly not over-hydrating) and have been pee free for approximately 150 out of my last 151 dives. And that's the truth, so help me Neptune!

drbill:
I stopped peeing in my suit this summer for some unknown reason (possibly not over-hydrating) and have been pee free for approximately 150 out of my last 151 dives. And that's the truth, so help me Neptune!
Congrats, Drbill! My record's about a dive and-a-half.:D

My name is Jcsgt, and I've been pee-pee free for a dive and a half. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom