Buying a New Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd just be happy to see someone knock ScubaPro and Aqualung down. Tell him that it's possible with a "sealed diaphragm, coldwater-capable, nonturreted, solid first stage with pretty routing and a chrome finish." Am I starting to sound like a broken record? :D
Umm, you already have -- 3 times!

...And a donut wing with a short, rubber inflator hose please, just like an Evolve, but without a little blue "H" and a price control. (Ouch! Yes, he went there!) Black buttons of death rule. :D
It's wild that YOU of all people went there, because I actually edited my post above before you replied.

What I had said was that there is another company out there that makes awesome gear but has 'H'uge prices attached to it, and that it's really bizarre that t'H'is particular company 'H'ad ScubaPro make them their own line of regs which actually sell for more than the OEM's MSRP.

You know who else is showing promise? Hollis...
I really dig DSS too. :wink:

Tell him that it's possible with a "sealed diaphragm, coldwater-capable, nonturreted, solid first stage with pretty routing and a chrome finish."

sounds like the next generation of EDGE EPIC first stage, available this summer, will share service kit with the HOG D1
Thank God, now maybe SeaJay will finally quit whining! :dork2:

Thank God, now maybe SeaJay will finally quit whining! :dork2:

you really think so???? :shakehead:

sounds like the next generation of EDGE EPIC first stage, available this summer, will share service kit with the HOG D1
@cerich: Could you please elaborate on the specs of the HOG reg service kits? In particular, I think some of us would be very interested to learn whether the Hog reg service kits might work for overhauling Apeks regs (1st and 2nd stages).

The HOG regs bear a striking resemblance to the Apeks line. We fully acknowledge that just because the items look similar on the outside doesn't necessarily make them the same on the inside. Still, we are curious... :D

@cerich: Could you please elaborate on the specs of the HOG reg service kits? In particular, I think some of us would be very interested to learn whether the Hog reg service kits might work for overhauling Apeks regs (1st and 2nd stages).

The HOG regs bear a striking resemblance to the Apeks line. We fully acknowledge that just because the items look similar on the outside doesn't necessarily make them the same on the inside. Still, we are curious... :D

NO, they are not the same. I wouldn't recommend it.

Nope, not at least until he has one in his hands that's been named the DSD-1 and has his picture on it! :rofl3:

Engraved. I want my picture engraved on it. :) Remember the Apeks "Black Pearl" ATX200? There was a MK-5 hardhat diver "raised" on it.

I'll settle for "engraved," but "raised" would be nice, too. :D A legend in my own mind... :D

Seriously, I can't wait to see the new Epic... That would be... Epic! :D

Chris, you're like three hours due west of me. C'mon over here to the coast and get some diving in. We've got boats... Compressors... Tons of tanks...

And bring one of these new Epics married to a HOG 2nd...

Whaddaya like? Virgin wrecks? Fossils and Meg teeth? 18th and 19th century bottles? We've got it all here, man.

You need to test these regs out in a nasty, salty, silty, low vis, high-current place. I know just the place. :D

Always got a room for you at my house. :)

cerich:
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

Yeah, and in a time where the industry's on it's butt, actually delivering a great product at a great price is a revolutionary act. -SeaJay Bayne :D

Engraved. I want my picture engraved on it. :) Remember the Apeks "Black Pearl" ATX200? There was a MK-5 hardhat diver "raised" on it.

I'll settle for "engraved," but "raised" would be nice, too. :D A legend in my own mind... :D

That makes 2 of you!

ti_caligula.gif

Hahahahhahahahhaaaa!!! Hey, that'll look great... :D PERFECT! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom