Buy or rent tanks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

given that you willnot use all the air say the last 15 cubes tehn you have 77-15 =62 cubes and the 120 gives you 120-15 or 105. almost tqice the time 105/62...

LDS right now is being cool about it - it seems as if down here, warm water and all, AL80's are the norm. I am picking up 9 tanks Thursday afternoon, returnign on Monday after work and they are only charging me for 1 day. Hope that kind of deal lasts!

I think I have heard this but can't remember. If I can do 60 minutes off of an AL80 at an average depth of 35', what kind of time am I looking at with a HP120?

For me, it's a matter of convenience. I don't want to wait until the dive shop opens or risk it not being open when i need them to be to rent my tank.

I know i'm still new at this, but I bought a used tank that had new hydro and only needed a vis. So after I bought the tank and got the vis, i was into it $100. On the other hand, I will be buying a second tank from my LDS soon for about $230 which includes hydro, vis, valve and 12 tank fills. It ends up being worth it to me paying a few extra dollars for a new tank and supporting the LDS.

I had not realized what a good deal we were getting here $150 for al 80 with valve and 20 free air fills, at least that is what it was last year.

Back
Top Bottom