Bush ok's Gulf of Mexico Drilling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fooled again :wink:

So where do you propose we get oil from?

Wildcard:
So where do you propose we get oil from?

i propose we spend the bulk of our efforts trying to come up with ways to

(a) conserve energy; and

(b) come up with a network of energy sources we can control

our reserves are in bad shape. by about 2050, 80% of all the oil in the world will be controlled by Middle Eastern countries

we need to get off oil

I'm NOT getting a Prius, I like my Avalon, heck even the back seats recline, it's like flying 1st class. :)

H2Andy:
and... ah... i was the OP, and i assure you, this thread was not meant to be anti-Bush. that would be political and against TOS (but, since you can read my thoughts ... that thought right there i just had ... hehehe.. just a joke...)

Oh Please Andy :rofl3:

Then why didn't you label it for what it really is?

After The Senate pasted bill 6111 by a required 2/3 majority vote with very little opposition and no amendments, President Bush signed it into law.

"come up with a network of energy sources we can control" Like ANWR, CA off shore dirlling, Gulf of Mexico, coal reserves, should I continue? I would love nothing more than to strangle the APEC nations by not buying any oil form them or as little as possable. Fuel cells are close to being a very doable thing.Electric cars have the problem of batteries but the new technology of carbon nanotube capacators will remedy most of that, I hope. The first and biggest step is people need to work near home and stop this super commuter BS. Buying a house in the valley and working two hours away in the city just wont continue to work. We need to stop being so wasteful in everything we do. If you want to live where it's 100 degrees in the summer then build a house that will be self cooling or small enough to cool without burning a barrel of oil a day. The same for cold climates.
Progress is being made, slowly but it is being made. In the mean time we need oil or we can all learn to speak arabic.
Speaking of which, it's time for me to go decon the Iraqis from all the CWMs they are burying, you know, the ones we never found. Then Im going to bed.

H2Andy:
our reserves are in bad shape. by about 2050, 80% of all the oil in the world will be controlled by Middle Eastern countries

we need to get off oil

I agree, and would stand with you on this.

H2Andy:
we need to get off oil

Andy,
How right you are. But we need to pump all the oil we have and during that timeframe, build an infastructure for our "alternate" energy.
At the VERY FRONT of this, we need to Harness Solar and Wind Power, While I am a BIG PV fan, there is a lot of polution generated in the making of photovoltaic cells,
much like the production of all microcircuitry, it is done overseas for the most part because of our enviromental laws.

Once the U.S. has moved away from our giant import of oil, if we can, we will be ahead of the game as "oil" runs out.
I believe that our oil will last much longer than predicted, but would like to see us leave the global oil market and in many areas, the global market in general.........

I am afraid though in 2 years we will be in very bad doodoo....as we give away give in our country even more to the world.....

Bill51:
Not only is natural gas a great feed stock for things such as hydrogen .....

Yep, like Helium. Trimix divers love more natural gas production. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom