Burnt the plastic on my mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankyou all for the replies!

I actually used it in the pool, no leakage!

Theres the mask. First time that there was no fog whatsoever. Honestly, whats really bothering me, is that I went for the side view mask instead of the traditional styles. Oh well.

It worked perfectly, no leakage, no fog. As for the side view, other than it being blurry I have no issue with it.

Ive got a dive next week and another the week after that. Id much rather use my own mask than rentals as most of the equipment are very old and have way more flaws than my mask.

This is the bubbles I was talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 235
Deformities because of any reason, and especially because of heat, are deformities that can and will negatively change the structural integrity of the material.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned redundancy, but if you can borrow a rental mask for free/cheap and have a pocket to put it in, I would suggest doing so. You can wear the one you bought, but if it fails you always have the rental as a backup. Your instructor should be able to carry a spare mask without issue if you have no place to put it.

And the light coming in from the sides is not beneficial as it causes your eyes to constrict. I use a black mask for that reason.

Sadly, i have to say don’t risk the side window seal giving way while diving, flooding and leaving you blind. Maybe mail back to manufacturer for replacement, because they can check window seal strength.

I want to see the pirate monkeys, please post pics!

A scuba mask with plastic lenses? Why do we require masks to have a tempered glass main lens if plastic is acceptable on the sides?

I always assumed that we required tempered glass lens for some kind of safety reason. And when I say "we require", I meant that when I did open water, the shop told us we could use any mask we want, as long as it had a tempered glass lens. It's just been my assumption since then that everyone "required" that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom