Bungie wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver once bubbled...

Someone posted a few weeks back about using a elastic band, even posted pictures. I thought; Now there is a better idea (Thanks!!) I went to the fabric store and found a black elastic band 1" wide that is perfect. Glued and sewed the sides at the intersection and it could not be better.

The thing that bugged me about the bungee cord was the movement and being prone to tangle slightly when donned. Now, granted this isn't a big deal, but the elastic strap is better IMO.

I also took note of that post regarding using elastic webbing instead of bungee cords. I thought, wow, this is a great idea. I ditched the bungees off my SK7 and found the elastic webbing at my LFS (local fabric shop.) Two minutes to sew and I was done. Huge improvement.....I couldn't be happier with this modification!
Now, to figure the best way to rig the Vyper using this stuff..............

jbm

BTW the elastic webbing is 25mm 73% Poly 27% rubber......plenty of stretch.....

Cost of modification....under a buck.....Canadian dollars.....that's like free in U.S dollars.

Don't know if this is of any interest but I recently replaced my watchstrap with a mutation of Jason Weisacosky's strap idea here:

http://train.missouri.org/~hypoxic/

Instead of using the tubular webbing (which I couldn't find in the time I had available), I used a couple of o-rings per pin and threaded the bungie through them.

This was a temporary measure but has held up for months.

Back to sleep....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom