Bunaken Marine Park & Bangka. Mid Oct or April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulcalf

Registered
Reaction score
Diving wise, when is best to visit Bunaken Marine Park & Bangka Island North Sulawesi?

Ideally I want to fly out of Manchester, UK with one change in Singapore en route to Manado.
So i'm restricted to going between April & October, otherwise I have a much longer flight with at least two changes.
I could fly from London Heathrow, UK, all year round but that adds considerable time and hassle.

So any thoughts on Mid October or Mid April being a good time to go?

Thanks

Diving wise, when is best to visit Bunaken Marine Park & Bangka Island North Sulawesi?

Ideally I want to fly out of Manchester, UK with one change in Singapore en route to Manado.
So i'm restricted to going between April & October, otherwise I have a much longer flight with at least two changes.
I could fly from London Heathrow, UK, all year round but that adds considerable time and hassle.

So any thoughts on Mid October or Mid April being a good time to go?

Thanks
Dec-Feb are the wet months, Jul-Sep are the dry months. I just left there yesterday...it was raining often.

Lots of climate summaries are available online.

Dec-Feb are the wet months, Jul-Sep are the dry months. I just left there yesterday...it was raining often.

Lots of climate summaries are available online.
Thanks

I had tried searching for the best time to dive there, but kept getting conflicting results, probably as dive companies want to sell year round dive holidays.

Ill do a climate specific search.

Hope you had a good trip?
Did the rain impact your diving?

Thanks

I had tried searching for the best time to dive there, but kept getting conflicting results, probably as dive companies want to sell year round dive holidays.

Ill do a climate specific search.

Hope you had a good trip?
Did the rain impact your diving?
Yeah, if you are interested in climate info, ask a climate site.
Great trip, two weeks at Siladen Resort.
Rain did not really affect the diving*. Just the SIs and non-diving activities.

*Exception: rain in the mangroves on the mainland shore ruined the viz in some if the muck-diving sites.

Yeah, if you are interested in climate info, ask a climate site.
Great trip, two weeks at Siladen Resort.
Rain did not really affect the diving*. Just the SIs and non-diving activities.

*Exception: rain in the mangroves on the mainland shore ruined the viz in some if the muck-diving sites.
I look forward to seeing any photos or a trip report.

I'll being going to Coral Eye and then Siladen, probably solo as my partner is a non diving teacher and my dive buddy has a very young daughter!

@tursiops

How is the fresh water situation at Siladen Resort these days?

When I was there back in 2015 it was rather poor.

@tursiops

How is the fresh water situation at Siladen Resort these days?

When I was there back in 2015 it was rather poor.
The current owners-managers (Anna and Miguel) have been there 8 years....so 2015 was likely just as they took over. There was plenty of fresh water for drinking, and plenty for washing/rinsing but not drinking.

The current owners-managers (Anna and Miguel) have been there 8 years
I know Ana and Miquel well, we stayed with them at their accommodation when we were there in 2015. Previously they were the managers of Lembeh Resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom