Bumper Sticker on Dive Flag. Legal/Acceptable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WebmasterJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For anyone that has ever dove in a crowd you know that a nuisance is that all dive flags look alike, almost all of them are the exact same size, made out of vinyl and for the most part you can't see the float.

Was wondering what people thought about slapping a bumper sticker on my dive flag, same one that is on my dive bag and vehicle.
First it would help in the back of the gear trailer I would not be sorting through the 8 flags that are back there with everyone else on the trip looking for the faded sharpie name on the float.
The second reason would be if someone wanted to locate me specifically, or distinguish my flag from the 10 other flags around me they could.

Was just wondering people's thoughts on this, obviously it would change the flag slightly ascetically, that said it would still clearly be a dive flag.

Sooner or later some overzealous marine patrol officer will ticket you for an obstructed dive flag, flag that doesn't meet regulations or some such nonsense

Sooner or later some overzealous marine patrol officer will ticket you for an obstructed dive flag, flag that doesn't meet regulations or some such nonsense

Figured there was some reason for it, I know I am not the only one that is frustrated when they look out and see 4 sets of dive flags and have no idea which is attached to the person they are looking for.

Don't laugh, but I actually bought a 3" styrofoam ball, painted it orange and put it on top of my dive flag pole. I can always find mine!! LOL

Fold the bumper sticker in half over the flag post? Or get two and slap them together to form a mini flag under your dive flag.

I have a rubber dinosaur (dressed in scuba gear of course) riding on mine (float).......

I would go with a smaller flag just under the dive flag. Pirate and martini flags are the first things that come to mind.

It's a matter of state law. Check your state's laws. There's a forum on dive flags here on ScubaBoard.

I anchor my dive flag after I get in the water, and pick it up after the dive. I know it's mine because there isn't a diver attached to it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom