Bummer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got injured at work last week. I've ruptured my right bicep distal tendon (pulled it right off of the bone it was attached to). I'll be in surgery next Thursday!!

I should be able to dive singles again by the time we go to Dutch Springs in May. Doubles may take a little longer depending on how I heal.

Hey........at least it didn't happen in the middle of the summer!! :wink:

Do what you need to do to get better. The water isn't going anywhere. :D

Better to heal completely than to try and come back to early and end up in worse shape.

Neato! Sorry to hear about your arm but there might be good news, I broke my hand at work last week so since we will be off work for a while maybe we can schedule a winter LEDiver get together????

Clouds do have silver linings

I had the same surgery three years ago. I had the surgery in Jan. and was back to pretty much normal activities by June. Good luck and rehab hard!!

At least you guys waited until winter to damage yourselves and not a week before a trip!! I broke my pelvis a week before a trip to Disney... went anyhow and got to rent scooters! Hey doesn't mean we can do training!!! What's next?

OUCH!!!

wow, I didn't expect this much pain. but it's already better than it was.

Anyone going to DD Saturday morning?? I may need a ride (can't drive for a while).

It's fun trying to type with just my left hand!! :D

I want to, but I've got a bazillion and one things to do tomorrow, as well as family coming in from out-of-town.

Glad to hear that you're home, but sorry to hear you're in pain. Did they give you any good painkillers?

Well at least we'll have plenty of time to get this section of the board hoppin' again! :D :14:

Derek S:
I want to, but I've got a bazillion and one things to do tomorrow, as well as family coming in from out-of-town.

Glad to hear that you're home, but sorry to hear you're in pain. Did they give you any good painkillers?

Well at least we'll have plenty of time to get this section of the board hoppin' again! :D :14:

yeah. they gave me some good meds. :huh:

:wink: :D

Tavi:
yeah. they gave me some good meds. :huh:

:wink: :D

Good.

How long you out of commission for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom