Bulk of Whites Fusion Thermal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Whites Fusion Thermal undergarment is slightly more bulky than the Fourth Element Arctic undergarment but is far warmer. It provides excellent mobility and has very little buoyancy. I have taken to wearing a Santi BZ200 vest along with the Thermal Fusion and have been very comfortable in high 40s and low 50s, even for dives lasting an hour or longer.

It will absolutely NOT FIT under a BZ200 undergarment. If you need to add more warmth, then layer your torso with a polartec vest or a BZ200/400 thinsulate vest.

Thanks for all the replies.

Im thinking to either go a BZ400 vest or full suit. Or a heated vest but am not sure finances will stretch that far. I really want to be comfortable nothing ruins my enjoyment of diving as being cold. Starting to shiver 15mins into a dive makes me wish I'd stayed at home.

Thanks for the link DUI very helpful, looks like I'm a 2 on your heat scale which would explain why the BZ200 is inadequate for me.

My mistake I should have just bought the BZ400 from the beginning but as temps here don't go as low as the BZs rating by almost 6 degrees C figured I'd be good with the 200. It appears I'm even more sensitive to cold that I at first thought.

Just when I thought I'd reached diving nirvana diving wet had to upset the apple cart going dry lol.

Thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:
I looked at the DUI chart. I'd end up way off the scale to the negative . . . and for a zero, they say the 400g is only enough down into the mid 70's. Somehow I manage to dive in water in the mid 40's all winter . . .

4th Element undergarments are extremely low bulk. Arctic + Xerotherm + Underarmor puts me at the same bulk I was at with a Bare Polarwear CT200 + wool underwear + Underarmor.

The 4th Element stuff is WAAYYY more flexible / stretchy. My valve drill skills improved).

I'm about 5'8", 158 lb, about 21 BMI.

You may also want to consider an Otter Bay 12mm hood or Waterproof 5/10mm hood.

I have the Bare CT200. I am thinking about getting the 4th Element Halo 3D. Do you think the Halo is warmer then the CT200?? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom