Buggers, can't sleep..... OW Cert tomorrow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I just wanted to thank OE2X for the dives on Saturday! It was great spending a few hours with him and Charles and picking their brain's about diving.

I gotta say, it's gonna be hard to use the 80's I inherited from my step dad after using OE2X's 130's. How's that saying go? There's no replacement for dispacement. :)

The second dive I tried my first "blue water" descent. I made it down to maybe 20ft and was happily continuing my descent (so I thought) when pop, I find myself back at the surface. A little embarrassed I told everyone I was OK and made it to the bottom on my second try. :)

I also decided to use the BC for buoyancy and not the dry suit. I think I prefer this way, and it does seem much easier to control buoyancy, especially at shallower depths. The thing I really need to figure out is trim though. It felt like when we were below 30-40 feet I was feet heavy (I didn't have ankle weights on though), but when we were shallower my feet wanted to rise. Especially when we were doing a 3 minute safety stop at 15 feet. I guess I need to be better about getting the air out of my feet as I'm coming up from deeper depths.

Anyways, looking forward to the next time we can dive.

Thanks again,
Jason

Wrist seals can leak-- and mine do it all the time, especially when I start working with my hands. I have dry gloves for January when I get really whimpy. Congrats -- and I bet you are a bit tired after two days of diving. And let us know where you went today-- I have to admit that Cove I is not my favorite spot, but great for check outs. Cove II has some great diving and you will want to head out to Edmonds to meet the incredible residents there too. Happy diving!!

Seattlescubagirl:
Wrist seals can leak-- and mine do it all the time, especially when I start working with my hands. I have dry gloves for January when I get really whimpy. Congrats -- and I bet you are a bit tired after two days of diving. And let us know where you went today-- I have to admit that Cove I is not my favorite spot, but great for check outs. Cove II has some great diving and you will want to head out to Edmonds to meet the incredible residents there too. Happy diving!!

I've actually got my own dry suit now! I ended up getting an Andy's DS1 and my last two outings have been in it. I'm happy to say I'm staying perfectly dry now. :)

My OW dives were at Cove 1 the first day and Edmonds the second. Yea, Edmunds was pretty cool, but the conditions were pretty tough. I had 2 more dives for my official dry suit cert at Cove 2 last weeked, and yesterday OE2X and I dove Cove 2 again, though we covered alot more ground and went much deeper than I did in class.

Actually the back to back days for OW cert didn't wipe me out as much as yesterday. All the cert dives were in the 25 minute range, while yesterday's dives were both around an hour!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom