Bugfest-by-the-Sea, Lobster Mini-Season 2014!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I simply can't wait for this year's annual Bugfest-by-the-Sea in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea! ScubaBoard friends, let's INVADE LBTS!!!

Held July 27-August 2, 2014, during the week of annual Lobster Mini-Season, Bugfest features lots of shore diving, seminars, contests, parties, and...FRESH FLORIDA LOBSTER!

You already know LBTS as the shore diving capital of the United States. You may not know that the town just revamped all of its downtown areas and it is really beautiful. The town welcomes divers with open arms and is installing dive gear-up benches at the dive portals.

Check out the calendar of events. Highlights include a wreck seminar and dives with John Chatterton; free beach diving clinics, bug-catching clinic with Jim "Chiefy" Mathis, photo classes and contests, and lots of beach diving, lobster catching, partying, and PRIZES!!!!!!

Several motels in town are offering great deals and everything in LBTS is walk-able. Stay at one of the participating lodgings, park your car and beach dive all week without paying for parking!

I attended this last year and had so much fun that I'm turning it into my "staycation" this year and taking a room right on the beach where I can just walk out of my room and dive to the near shore reef. Imagine a several-day diving vacation for not much more than the cost of a room and airfills or tank rentals! LBTS is very family-friendly, so bring the whole family.

In addition to all the beach diving you can handle, there are charter boat specials which will be on the Bugfest website soon.

For you folks who think it's fun to go to the Keys for lobster mini-season, remember that you can only take six bugs/person/day down there but you can take TWELVE/person/day up here!

Please remember to dive safely, catch responsibly, and obey the law.

Who's in?

bugfest-flyer.jpg

Attachments

• bugfest-template-header.jpg
    bugfest-template-header.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 764
we can see debby is excited..........soon debby soon.

Have you seen the ScubaNation episode about Lauderdale-by-the-Sea?

Booked my room for Bugfest-by-the-Sea!!!

saw that episode on the LBTS access channel..........only a few more weeks till the big bug challenge..hope
DebbyDiver got a great room!

WOW we are just a few weeks out from BUGFEST!!! Yes iamrushman, three of us got a super deal on a room with two beds and a sofabed for $99 a night! Can't wait!

---------- Post added July 6th, 2014 at 11:48 PM ----------

I just purchased my Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission Saltwater and Lobster license for mini-season! http://myfwc.com/license/

---------- Post added July 6th, 2014 at 11:59 PM ----------

IMG_5699.jpg I. Am. Ready. !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom