Buford Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you are local to it, is there a time in the year (obviously not set in stone), that you plan to dive Buford? I know early spring time is good, but I am wondering when the Buford "season" starts at the end of year. Maybe September/October?

I personally don’t go based on season. I plan based on local rainfall within a month or two of diving. Like right now it’ll be dirty for a while due to heavy rains. In a month if it rains just a little, it will possibly affect vis some again because the ground there takes forever to dry.

Just dived Buford this last week. Wow, that Boardwalk is amazing!! Now the walk from the car is the worst bit!

Dive was amazing, top to bottom viz. Lots of fun!

Thanks lukeb fore the update,its fantastic dive!Merry Christmas to All!

anyone been at Bueford spring
in the last month.How much is the permit to get in please?
Thanks,Jerry

Permit is free! Just register online and enter your information.

You pay $3 cash to the iron ranger at the gate when you pull into the parking area.

Have a great dive!

Last month (Nov) I stopped by to check Buford out, having never been there. A guy I assumed worked there asked my age, then told me to just write "senior" on the envelope.

Al

Any updates on What Buford is looking like this week - or what it might be like based on recent rainfall?

I haven't been there this year yet....but I have always been told to avoid Buford in the summer due to the swamp coming alive. But with the boardwalk it might be better? If you go let us know what the conditions are like.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom