Buford Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice picture. It's looks like old time natural Florida before development took over . That's one of the reasons I want to dive it. In the future it will probably be easier to get to, but there will also be a parking lot and a Mcdonalds next to it.

Ed Jackson1:
Nice picture. It's looks like old time natural Florida before development took over . That's one of the reasons I want to dive it. In the future it will probably be easier to get to, but there will also be a parking lot and a Mcdonalds next to it.

that won't happen. it's part of a WMA.

Here is a video clip of Buford I shot a couple of years ago (link towards the bottom):
http://uwex.us/092105.htm

I would not recommend diving this unless you are cavern certified. It is a remote site and takes some work to get to. Regardless of safety issues, if the cave is subjected to additional diver traffic, especially from divers who have poor technique and skills, then it will no longer be a nice dive. There is one recommended point of entry, so as you don't trash the small basin as you enter the pool. In any case, please don't dive this site unless you have the appropriate skills and experience.

aue-mike:
Here is a video clip of Buford I shot a couple of years ago (link towards the bottom):
http://uwex.us/092105.htm

I would not recommend diving this unless you are cavern certified. It is a remote site and takes some work to get to. Regardless of safety issues, if the cave is subjected to additional diver traffic, especially from divers who have poor technique and skills, then it will no longer be a nice dive. There is one recommended point of entry, so as you don't trash the small basin as you enter the pool. In any case, please don't dive this site unless you have the appropriate skills and experience.

Thanks for the video clip. Looks like an awesome cavern.
Agree 110% on the technique. I would guess it can poof up pretty easily ... :11:

Jean

Ok here's the deal.. If someone will show me how to get to Buford Sink, my wife will carry your gear to the dive site. She has a strong back and is good with plow.:D :D :D

Ed Jackson1:
Anyone ever dove Buford Sink? I was wondering if anyone who has could show it to me sometime. I hear it is difficult or impossible to find if you have never been there.

There's a great article in issue #21 of ADM on Buford written by Curt himself including a map of the sink. Can't remember if it has directions or not. I'll see if I can dig out my copy of it and check.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom