Buddy Inspiration and TDI insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowson once bubbled...
Buddy! Buddy!

TDI Does not have any insurance coverage for its instructors for the insperation rebreather not from Marsh or any other insurance company. This is why those guys were in direct conflict of TDI's mandate, standards or what ever you want to call it. TDI instructors can not and are not permitted to teach the Insperation in Canada.

I beleive the instructor is a IANTD Insperation instructor, therefor covered. he was teaching the TDI guys to be Instructor trainers.

just watch and see what happens real soon.

buy the way why is it such a big deal to you, you seem to be very pissed off by this

Its all Part of the unregulated diving business soap show, take out your competition or or be taken out your self.

Mike Fowler is an IANTD IT insured by Marsh insurance. The fact that he is also an TDI instructor should not prevent him from diving that which is a sanctioned activity by IANTD.:wink:

List,
Can anybody tell me when the TDI Instructors where sent the letter stating that they could no longer teach U.S. and Canadians. I took the Inspiration rebreather course and now being told I may not be getting certified. I am hoping I did the course before this letter was put into affect.

Bruce

The issue of TDI and the Inspiration Rebreather is one of "product liability insurance" for the importer of Inspiration Rebreathers into the U.S. TDI would not allow a course to be taught in the U.S. TDI would not certify any U.S. citizen regardless of where the course was taught. Canada has not been an issue.
That has changed!
Just a couple of months ago, the U.S. Importer did acquire product liability insurance. TDI will now allow U.S. citizens to be certified for the Inspiration, and will allow the cert course to be taught in the U.S. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom