Buddy for Dutch Springs Mon 24 and/or Wed 26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends on your cold tolerance. I dive a merino lined 5mm suit, with gloves and a beanie. I unfortunately am the opposite of Mick and carry a lot of built in insulation. I would recommend a 7mm suit, with gloves and some sort of head protection. If you are really cold natured you might try a farmer john suit, they double the protection on your core. You can rent from Lehigh Valley Dive Shop located 5 min from Dutch Springs.

Hey Herb - sent you a pic of our two ship from yesterday. Mick

Got it. Very nice picture - swimming together, horizontal, both in good trim, nothing dangling - looks like we know what we are doing.

Looks like I'm a bit high on the SAC rate compared to your bubbles! Computer says I did .7 for both tanks that day...

You did very well, you got an hour out of your 100 cuft tank on the first dive and 45 on the second. I've seen a lot worse, myself included.

Everyone gets better with time. When I started diving I could only get about 25-30 min on an Al80.

I just read that I was skip breathing and CO2 loading. Had a monster headache on the way home. Gonna have to try to be better at 4 sec in/4 sec out. Hey, what fun! Its all good discovery.

If you poke around here, you can find a lot of discussion on breathing techniques. I think the key to good gas consumption is lots of things - buoyancy, trim, streamlining are the biggies. I just try to make sure my breathing is slow - breathe in then a long slow exhale. This will help with the CO2 headaches. For me a 4 sec pattern is a little too fast.

Back
Top Bottom