Buddy for Dutch Springs Mon 24 and/or Wed 26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maniago

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Been there the last two Weds. Super nice super empty (only 4 this morning). My usual buddy cant make it. PM me if interested. Thanks! Mick

-----FYI: also posted in SE section----

Been there the last two Weds. Super nice super empty (only 4 this morning). My usual buddy cant make it. PM me if interested. Thanks! Mick

-----FYI: also posted in SE section----

Hi Mick! I can't make it those 2 days, but I'm looking for dive a buddy for either Tuesday 9/25/2012 and/or Thursday 9/27/2012. Also I will be going to Dutch on Wednesday 10/3/2012. Let me know. Call or text (484)695-6198.:cool2:

Mick, I'll dive with you on the 26th. I have to warn you though that I am an old guy. I live about 30 minutes away and can be there any time of day. Same goes for you New Scuba Guy for the 27th. My regular dive buddy (oldest son) has been traveling a lot. I need some fall diving. Email herbdb@rcn.com and we can set something up.

Super diving with you guys yesterday. Thanks a bunch! And a wonderful autumn day to boot. Wiffy and I will be there next weds if the weather looks even remotely passable. Hope to see you all then. :)

Cheers! Mick

You wouldnt want to go this weekend would you? Or anyone else for that matter. I havent dove at DS yet and I have my first free weekend in a month. I'd like to get out of the house one day and get wet.

I'd love to go, but that dang-nabbit work thing is in the way haha! I work weekends so I'm only a weekday guy. Herb might take you up on it though - email him and ask. I think this weekend is DUI demo, so might be mobbed, dunno. Still its a great time of year to go if you have a good protection - you gonna need it. Enjoy!

I'm a weekend only guy! I work M to F. Herb is also busy this weekend. I have a feeling I might not have any trouble finding one up there.

What's the water like? will a 3mm wetsuit be okay? I'd have to rent, right now i only have a 1mm

Well I'm down loading my dive computer as we speak. It tells me that min temp was 55F, max depth was about 63'. We all had hoods and gloves. I dove with an Aqualung 8/7mm suit, with a dive skin under it and was comfortable. I probably had the thickest suit on, but I don't have much body fat, as I can get cold under a warm shower. I'd say if you are going to go with a 1 or 3 mm, you might as well dive naked, but YMMV...

Sounds like I'll be renting a heavier suit! hahaha

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I'm also working on my private pilots license so I may book some flight time instead, if anyone decides they want to dive, let me know, otherwise I'll be in the air over the same(ish) area.

Cool! I'm about a 1/3 through my commercial. IFR'ed a year ago. Suspended flying for the summer though as I'm not much into sweating my butt off in a cockpit AND dealing with Potomac Approach/ ADIZ here. One or the other, but not both LOL...

Back
Top Bottom