Buddy Commando does not hold its pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi

My Buddy Commando does not hold its pressure. I have it fully assembled and it does not hold its pressure overnight when I fully inflate it. Any idea as to how best check for where the leak could be?

FYI I had AP Valves replace the bladder about

Most likely it's just the inflator.
Was the LP inflator hose connected or not? My wife's BCD lost air through the LP connector (not connected, orally inflated). Cleaned the Schrader valve and it held air again.
Might as well be exhaust / dump valve.
Or a seam. Flex it, bend it and listen very carefully.
If you can't hear anything, rub the whole thing with water and shampoo, foam will build around the leak.
Or fill the bath tub and look for bubbles.

If it holds air for a couple of hours, no big deal, you are not going to have it fully inflated for long periods anyway.
To find the leak, partly inflate it and hold it under water (tub or pool) and see where it leaks. You will likely have to move it around holding various parts under water to find the leak, holding a fully inflated BC under water is not easy. Pay special attention to hose connections, inflator/deflator and the seams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom