Back Pressure Valve, Pressure Maintaining Valve Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to be the Nuvair valve but at double price. Not a good idea....
Correct. At that price it's almost the same as buying directly from the UK and paying the import taxes.
Any one has a picture of the inside of that valve?
Like the part where the ball meets the input side and seals?

Thanks guys.

(UK excluded because of brexit :()
I can't see Brexit being a reason for those high costs you have been quoted. When we can ship
from UK Thirty (30) of those aluminium BPR assemblies in a single double wall cardboard carton or two boxes of 15 in each of the heavier brass version of the BPR even out to USA for about £60

In addition the larger filter tower 103mm OD by 850mm long (Bauer type) for shipping around £22 per filter tower in a wooden crate 5 wide by 5 high with 25 tubes in total per crate. Import duty at customers end is around 3% of the shipped value. Whatever the reason for those quoted high costs it's not Brexit. Just saying. Iain

I can't see Brexit being a reason for those high costs you have been quoted. When we can ship
from UK Thirty (30) of those aluminium BPR assemblies in a single double wall cardboard carton or two boxes of 15 in each of the heavier brass version of the BPR even out to USA for about £60

In addition the larger filter tower 103mm OD by 850mm long (Bauer type) for shipping around £22 per filter tower in a wooden crate 5 wide by 5 high with 25 tubes in total per crate. Import duty at customers end is around 3% of the shipped value. Whatever the reason for those quoted high costs it's not Brexit. Just saying. Iain
I can only speak about the costs in Portugal, but I will break it down for you.
Let's say i order something that has a cost of 100 euros without the 20% VAT from the UK.
On top of that, upon arrival to Portugal, I will have to pay 23% VAT on that, plus a fixed percentage value of customs rights that varies with each article. For example, for the drysuit I ordered from Seaskin, i Will have to pay and additional 1.5% on top of the 23%.
For example, if it were some shoes it would be + 16.9% on top of the 23%.
After all that, most carriers will charge a fee of around 50€ just to deal with customs.
So, for that valve, assuming a minimum customs rights tax of 1.5%, the cost would be 175€.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom