Budapest Intro-Cave dive for non certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup
In the shallow portion that the discovery part covers it's 25+ Celsius.
There are hundreds of youtube videos from over there, it looks like a nice dive.
From what I read, one of the things, that makes this cave dive safer than usual is a slow current, that can carry away kicked up silt. Not sure how helpful this really is. I also found a map and more infos. The dive starts in a cavern and from there it goes into the cave. In this section the dive master checks everyone and decides if everyone is capable to proceed.

I see. So the other wings from halcyon with 40lb, which are in the doubles category are just a different shape? But they probably wouldn't be good for singles? Trying to figure out if I bought the wrong wing back then.
If you think of a wing, it is cut so that air will make pockets on the sides of the cylinders and wrap it correctly.

If you put a double wing on a single cylinder, it will be too large so the air pockets around the cylinder will be really high and be more unstable and create a bit of unnecessary drag, it will be harder for you to make the air migrate to the dump for example.

If you put a single wing on a double cylinder, it will not have enough room and be trapped too much under the double cylinders, so it won’t make nice pockets around the twin-set to make you more stable and you may not get the full lift.

Back
Top Bottom