Budapest Intro-Cave dive for non certs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did valve drills, however we were told, those are unnecessary, since if something happens, you go to your buddy and don't rely on playing with your valves. So instead of woriiying about valves, better plan well and dive with people who will honor the buddy system. But yeah, if push comes to shove, I could lock the manifold isolating both tanks, turn one off or the other.

They don't want to describe the dive for me, they say you have to be here to see the environment etc. So I have still no idea what that dive actually is. Maybe Ill just go and back off if its not what I expect.
I am a "to each their own" mindset. But there is a lot of this that sounds wrong to me.

what would happen if I dive doubles with it? I vaguely remember that I specifically bought one which would at least technically be able to do it. But Im not sure any more.
Depends on the doubles, and your body. I don't believe I have ever said this here, but you might consider putting this off for a bit.

DW

I am a "to each their own" mindset. But there is a lot of this that sounds wrong to me.

Depends on the doubles, and your body. I don't believe I have ever said this here, but you might consider putting this off for a bit.

DW
I am not very sure about it, though the equipment is the lesser problem, if my wing is unsuitable that just means Ill have to dive with theirs. It has both a single and a double on the label thingy but maybe thats just wishful thinking. This dive is happening in warm water so I won't have a thick wetsuit. Maybe its doable in this wing.

what would happen if I dive doubles with it? I vaguely remember that I specifically bought one which would at least technically be able to do it. But Im not sure any more.
If it's a singles wing it won't be wide enough for doubles. If the bladder is trapped between the tanks and the BP because the wing is too narrow, it won't have room to expand and provide the stated amount of lift. Conversely, using a wider doubles wing on a single tank will allow the wing to wrap itself around the tank, making it difficult to vent.

If it's a singles wing it won't be wide enough for doubles. If the bladder is trapped between the tanks and the BP because the wing is too narrow, it won't have room to expand and provide the stated amount of lift. Conversely, using a wider doubles wing on a single tank will allow the wing to wrap itself around the tank, making it difficult to vent.
Im pretty sure, that this here is my exact bp/wing: Halcyon Infinity 40 Lb System Small SS BKP 27 kg Convertible STA BCD Black| Diveinn

That's a singles wing and therefore won't develop the full lift. (I'm not even sure it would develop half the rated lift, but that's speculation on my part.) It would be better to use theirs.

That's a singles wing and therefore won't develop the full lift. (I'm not even sure it would develop half the rated lift, but that's speculation on my part.) It would be better to use theirs.
I see. So the other wings from halcyon with 40lb, which are in the doubles category are just a different shape? But they probably wouldn't be good for singles? Trying to figure out if I bought the wrong wing back then.

I see. So the other wings from halcyon with 40lb, which are in the doubles category are just a different shape? But they probably wouldn't be good for singles? Trying to figure out if I bought the wrong wing back then.
Yes, the doubles wings are wider.

Drive three hours and relax an hour or two before the cave dive. Eight laps of an Olympic size pool, back and forth. Take your time and make it last. If you have two guides it shouldn't be a problem for neither the guides nor the novice. Remember, you are the weak link in the team chain. And as such you will be positioned in the middle. Lights fail, you can still see theirs. I'm sure you are not the first or last to do any kind of cave diving in Hungary. Just think of it as another night dive. The others will loathe you while I envy your destination and competitive spirit.

This dive is happening in warm water so I won't have a thick wetsuit.
How warm?

Is there a hot spring feeding this cave?

Back
Top Bottom