Buckle size of Zeagle 35lb Retractable HD Nylon Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kannjihyun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dear All,

I bought the Zeagle retractable wing from leisurepro last year.
Zeagle 35lb Retractable HD Nylon Bladder

However, the buckle (is this the right word?, the small pair of buckle at the middle of the photo in the link) that should tighten the wing against the backplate didn't come with the shipping. Now I want to DIY. Do you know the specification/size of these small buckles?

Kann

I just solved a similar problem. If the straps with the female end of the buckle that attach to the BC are missing you can contact Zeagle and they may have them in stock, I had a similar problem and they shipped them out to me at no charge.

If they do not have them the buckles are available from REI. They are the SIDE-RELEASE, FOR 3/4" STRAPS Trovato Buckles Item # 612223 (REI Trovato Side Release Buckle - 3/4 Inch Wide at REI.com).

You will also need a pack of these. Hi Tex Corp Triglide Buckles - 3/4 Inch - Package of 4 (Item # 612229)
(Hi Tex Corp Triglide Buckles - 3/4 Inch - Package of 4 at REI.com).

You can get a couple of feet of the 3/4" webbing at REI or from a local source. Sewing can be done at home if you have a heavy duty machine and heavy nylon or poly thread or a shoe repair or luggage repair shop should be able to do it for a few bucks.

One last note, on the tail end of the strap fold it over about 1/2" and sew across the webbing about half way in,1/4" and 1/4". This will keep the webbing from sliding out of the triglide if it slips (I amost lost one before I did this.) It is kind of a pain to get treaded through the triglide but it hels secure the strap.

If it is the male end of the buckle on the wing sew that buckle end onto the small wing flap on the side if the wing with a loop of 3/4" webbing.

I have had to do both situations over time.

Hope this helps

This is very helpful. Thanks a bunch! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom