Bubble question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pugsly55

Registered
Reaction score
I recently bought my first dive computer (Uwatec Aladin Pro Ultra) and noticed that it had a very small (we are talking maybe 1/5 to 1/6 the size of a dime) free floating bubble in the lcd screen. Now, the company I bought it from says that such a small bubble is no problem and don't worry about it. My point is that 1. A new computer should not have such imperfections and 2. If I dive in cold water, the solution will contract and the bubble will get bigger.

I am planning on returning the computer for a new one, but my question is, am I splitting hairs or was this guy blowing smoke up my @ss so I would not bring it back? Like I said, this is my first cpu so I do not know much about them maintanence wise. Thanks for your input.

"My point is that 1. A new computer should not have such imperfections"

Maybe it is Uwatec's newest (top-secret) technology of bubble-algorithm computer? :sarcasm:

I had the same problem in my Uwatec digital compass- but the bubble developed only after several months of use- I don't know what caused it but the bubble went away just after 2 dives (perhaps it moved to a new location where I can't see it?).

IMHO, in a new copmuter you shoud not have this. And a dealer who tries to convince you that it is just a minor cosmetic problem- it should be the last time you buy anything from him (and you should let him know that too). :nonononon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom