Suggestion BSAC Sub Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disclaimer: I’m the BSAC Chair.

A BSAC sub-forum was offered to BSAC last year. However, it was declined as we couldn’t resource the staff to moderate it. BSAC’s resource is fully focused on delivering the current strategy. (Slightly delayed by the pandemic).

Disclaimer: I’m the BSAC Chair.

A BSAC sub-forum was offered to BSAC last year. However, it was declined as we couldn’t resource the staff to moderate it. BSAC’s resource is fully focused on delivering the current strategy. (Slightly delayed by the pandemic).
Happy to help moderate this. Would hardly be huge chuck of time or effort

In general, scubaboard will accommodate any group that wants a forum here.

We can set it up and give admin permission to the administrator(s) if the group.

BUT. If the actual leaders aren’t in board with the effort to communicate then it usually turns into a train wreck.

In occasanial circumstances the leadership of the group AND the members find value in this effort to communicate and the new forum is successful.

More often it becomes a waste of time because it turns into a pissing match or fight over control for who gets to control the posts.

We’ll be delighted to help you set up a forum for your group. Let us know, if you want it we’ll make it happen!

tc:
In general, scubaboard will accommodate any group that wants a forum here.

We can set it up and give admin permission to the administrator(s) if the group.

BUT. If the actual leaders aren’t in board with the effort to communicate then it usually turns into a train wreck.

In occasanial circumstances the leadership of the group AND the members find value in this effort to communicate and the new forum is successful.

More often it becomes a waste of time because it turns into a pissing match or fight over control for who gets to control the posts.

We’ll be delighted to help you set up a forum for your group. Let us know, if you want it we’ll make it happen!
@The Chairman and I discussed this in Cozumel last June. The BSAC resources to moderate it properly are otherwise fully committed, at this time.

@The Chairman and I discussed this in Cozumel last June. The BSAC resources to moderate it properly are otherwise fully committed, at this time.
Fully committed to having a forum here or fully committed elsewhere?

Make NO mistake. You’re welcome here!

If BSAC wants this we’ll make it happen.

tc:
Fully committed to having a forum here or fully committed elsewhere?

Make NO mistake. You’re welcome here!

If BSAC wants this we’ll make it happen.
Fully committed to implementing our current strategy; this year is bringing our IT systems UpToDate so we can digitise the majority of activities. The MyBSAC App is one of the first noticeable changes, most will be in the back office.

A Friendly Reminder...

Please vote on this suggestion to help us judge if there is enough interest by members. We usually look for a positive response from about 25.

1681915053507.png
You can change your vote to neutral, up, or down at any time as you read arguments in this thread.

Can we have a BSAC sub forum in the following section? I know there is a few BSAC divers on here and would be a great place to give people the chance to find out about an alternate system in diving certification by going down the club route

Scuba Certification Agency Q&A

perhaps a BSAC-CMAS subforum, as they are very similar in philosophy, etc. BSAC was adhering to CMAS and emplying the same training procedures. Then they separated due mostly to management issues. Technically BSAC and CMAS remain very similar.
And including CMAS will increase the number of partecipants to this subforum.
Of course I am suggesting this because I am a 3-stars CMAS instructor....

Back
Top Bottom