BS this Sunday..March 15th??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm afraid I can't make Sunday as I have other plans for that day.

Also, the quarry officially opens the 2nd weekend in April so if you do end up going, be sure to coordinate with either Kris or Dennis to make sure you guys can dive.

The Indy dive club had already "booked" for a dive on Sunday. They should be expecting someone.

With the rate that gas prices are going my diving may be VERY minimal this year.

Are you guys talking about the same site? Blue Springs outside of Waldron, IN? It never closes. There is no opening day and closing day like alot of quarries. You pretty much let yourself in. As long as you've got cash you can dive.

I'm talking about Pennyroyal Blue Springs quarry here in Hopkinsville, KY seeing as how this is the Kentucky Piranha Patrol forums.

They're talking about Blue Springs up there in IN, somewhere:D. The Kentucky Piranha Patrol encompasses KY, IN, OH, IL & a little of TN for the most part (with a few guest appearances by other divers form elsewhere).

Yes, Pennyroyal's official opening will be April 12th. After they open up for the season, if you're ever looking for a buddy & I am off from work, Look me up. I'll probably be down there a lot as a Divemaster for my LDS & for Pennyroyal.

As for getting my nitrogen fix soon, I'm going to Vortex Springs as a DM for some OW checkout dives, with my LDS the week after Easter.

I'm talking about Pennyroyal Blue Springs quarry here in Hopkinsville, KY seeing as how this is the Kentucky Piranha Patrol forums.

Ahhhh, I see. I didn't know Pennyroyal was called Blue Springs. I've always heard it called just "Pennyroyal." I can assure you that your Blue Springs (Pennyroyal) is a heck of alot nicer than our Blue Springs.

.... now off I shuffle north of the border. :14:

If anyone goes this weekend please post temps. I plan on going sometime next week. Can't wait any longer. I need to get wet!

COLD I can assure you. It can't be any warmer than low 40s this early in the season.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ahhhh, I see. I didn't know Pennyroyal was called Blue Springs. I've always heard it called just "Pennyroyal." I can assure you that your Blue Springs (Pennyroyal) is a heck of alot nicer than our Blue Springs.

Yes, Pennyroyal's official title is"Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort". I can see where the mix up can happen.

I'm a newbie to this section of the forums and didn't know the Kentucky Piranha Patrol encompassed some surrounding states as well. My apologies for my confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom