Brr. Greetings from Western Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YYCLuke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey there! Just wanted to say hello, as I joined the boards late last year before I took off for Philippines for Christmas, and now that I'm back in winterland I'd thought I would say hello. And yes, it was much warmer in Coron than northern Alberta.. About a 60C temperature change by the time I flew in.
I highly recommend diving the shipwrecks in Coron, Palawan. They were quite amazing to experience!
Cheers

Welcome. How's Ft. Mac doing since the fire?-- I lived there in 1979 (30,000 population then).

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...

Welcome from a fellow Albertan and YYC.

Welcome, flights are cheap to the island and great diving here!

Decompression: yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about the cold water diving there in the strait. I'll definitely look into it more this summer when I'll be on the west coast!

TMHeimer: other than the 2 communities that burnt down, the rest of the city seems to be almost fully recovered. Although there is a lot less people here now..

Chillyincanada: howdy! I've been looking into doing something locally, but all I can find are the small drifts in the river, local lake cleanups, and the minnewanka townsite that I don't have a boat for, anything else you recommend?

Iamrushman: greetings! Gotta say, I'm always a little jealous when I talk to people who can warm dive pretty much anytime they want nearby. How is everything there after all the hurricanes last year?

YYCLuke, do you have Facebook? If so, start to follow Alberta Underwater Council and the Underwater Outlaws. That ought to get you started.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually just joined up with Underwater Outlaws and a few more local groups, and am definitely looking forward to spring and summer!

Back
Top Bottom