Browning Pass Hideaway - a few photos, and video link

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob1967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, as I just mentioned in another thread (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/western-canada/436641-trip-report-browning-pass-hideaway.html), the diving here is absolutely fabulous. I judge my dives by the quality of the photos I get from them, and based on that, the diving here is world class. I am very grateful to have this type of diving so close to home.

The other really cool thing about it, is that there are not many people doing this type of cold water diving, compared to tropical places. With my humble point and shoot rig, I get the chance to photograph stuff that maybe nobody else has. Good luck doing that in the tropics, where there are armies of rich tourists toting massive SLR rigs who seem to be lining up to photograph each pygmy sea-horse a hundred times a day!

So here are a few of the shots that I was quite happy with. Enjoy! Feedback appreciated!

I also made a video, and will be posting the link here soon.

Bigocto.jpgCandy-striped shrimp.jpgCandy-striped shrimp2.jpgcandy-striped shrimp3.jpgchinarockfish.jpgHooded nudibranchs.jpgopalescent.jpgwolfeel.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Here is my video of the trip: Browning Pass Dive Octopus attacks - YouTube

Last edited:
Oh, I love that first candy-striped shrimp picture! Did you play with cropping it any closer? I can't decide if it would improve it to have the shrimp bigger and more central, or if part of the loveliness of the photo are the graceful curves of the anemone arms.

Thank you for sharing your photos and video. They brought back wonderful memories of my two trips up to that area. The diving really is "world class" -- well worth the effort to get there and deal with the cold water!

Great shot of hooded nudi's. Gives an idea of how many there can be in the water. Also liked the first couple of candy cane shrimps. Nice composition.

Did not manage to get up this fall - too much on my plate. maybe next year.

Yes, the first candy-striped shrimp pic was for me "the" shot of the whole week-end. It is still sharp if you crop it in close, so I can't tell which way I like better. So I think I'll print it up 16 x 20 and hang it on my wall! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom