Brother of missing boater asking for your help, REWARD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbritt11

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I am the brother of the missing boater, asking that you keep your eyes open for this boat. If I have not posted this in the correct section please forgive me, but feel free to post this anywhere and everywhere where it might help. I registered on the site to post this, I am not a diver.

He disappeared around 9/16/2011, and we have not had any luck. I think that his boat may have went down, since the boat has not been found above water and the coast guard registration has not been renewed. I would love to give some closure to my family. I am offering a reward of 5 thousand dollars to the person or persons who can locate the exact location of the boat and we confirm that it is really his boat. If you see it, please send me a photo. I know that is not enough money to get people to specifically go look for the boat, but might be enough to have someone keep an eye out for it. I have links below that show the boat and a news article that Jacksonville news posted in 2011. He was on his way from West Palm Beach to Jacksonville and never made it as we are assuming.

I am not a diver, and have no idea on what the condition of the boat would be after 2 years and 4 months. If someone could enlighten me on that, it would be great. Also, is the ocean floor just littered with boats?

It is a 36 foot Beneteau, I am not sure of the year, I have posted some photos, the link is below.

The last time the boat was seen was on 9/15 off Cape Canaveral.

So please keep your eyes open for him and pass along this information to anyone you think can help. Below is a link to a news story regarding him…
http://www.news4jax.com/news/29397915/detail.html

Photo Link: 32511_399812824924_710009924_3942277_636322_n | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Call Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville at 904-564-7511 and myself at 561-351-2438 my email address is britt_consulting@yahoo.com

Also, feel free to duplicate this posting to any other forums or sites that you think will help.

Thanks,
Steve Britt

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom