Broken valve module in BX power inflator...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can the valve module alone be replaced in the BX power inflator? Or do I need to replace the entire inflator? Mine died suddenly today. It worked to inflate for my surface swim to my dive site, then after decent it failed to inflate. This afternoon when I got home I removed the valve module and the little stem somehow was bent in the shaft and was stuck in.

I need to be up and running for this upcoming Friday, and I hate to spend $50 plus shipping for an entire inflator when the rest is new. As a matter of fact, the BCD only has around 20 - 30 dives on it, but alas, I bought it new from another ScubaBoarder and it is not under warranty. :(

Any thoughts?

Scott?? :D

Yes. But I don't see how to remove it from the plastic encasement which I believe that Zeagle refers to as the "valve module".

Do you know for sure that they are not removable? I didn't try to remove it as I didn't see how it was installed, but maybe I it just unscrews like other ones. Are they just automotive type valves, or are they special stainless steel valves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom