Broken Bow 5/27-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wow --I am finally getting the chance to dive this Ok. lake I have heard so much about this upcoming Sat/Sun!!!! Frank aka Timeliner has offered to show me the ropes on some great sites he has reconned over several dive treks to this northern lake....can't wait!!! I think I might even hear "Sirens" in the background........ :)

Wish I could go with you but have some major plans this weekend.

Just watch out for those 500 pound alligator gar. :D :D :D

Oh, that's Texas gar.

Here's the site to the recent (don't know if it's still current) record for Oklahoma alligar.

http://www.kansasangler.com/4fishingnews/060304okrecordgar.html

And hope this site isn't a troll like the Broken Bow email one. Wouldn't you know it, caught in the Red River. I bet he got into the river from the Texas side. :D

texdiveguy:
Wow --I am finally getting the chance to dive this Ok. lake I have heard so much about this upcoming Sat/Sun!!!! Frank aka Timeliner has offered to show me the ropes ...
Yall have fun. I wish I could join you, but current plans are to do my AOW this weekend at Stillhouse. If that falls through for some reason, I may try and crash your party. :)

Willie

Hey Mike wish you could come join us,,,,but we have alot of season ahead!! That would be awsome seeing a gar that size on a dive!!!!

Willie,,, have fun on your AOW,,,you will do great!! If things change...please by all means let us know,,,love to have you join in!

Sealskin98 has been drinkin' that Oklahoma 3.2 beer again and seein' monsters in his dreams.
Mike ... now quit picking on the poor little fish !!!

I keep tellin' him those monsters down deep in the lake are just Sirens
The Real Monsters , Aligators and the Gar are hanging out at The Hard Rock Saloon in Idabel lookin for a cowboy. Man eaters !! :evil: :mooner:
It scares me to just drive by that place and I was born in Houston :D

Are you guys camping out there? Allen, do you know any good places to stay there? maybe I can do some smooth talking and be able to head out there. Still a little teary eyed from missing out on the Memorial Day trip with SIS.

Alan, hope to do Lake Murray this summer. Crab Trap sounds like...ummm...fun?

O.K. Frank, I can pick on a 200 pound fish if I want to.

You wanna wrestle the alligar first? Being from Houston and all and experienced with the nasty man eaters in Idabel. :D

Get with y'all when I get back from the Tybee Island area. I hear currents aren't that bad there :wink:; was just there about a month ago but water temp. wasn't 78.98432 degrees yet when I dipped my toe in. I heard from some people I talked to there that the diving in the area has some killer drift dives. :11:

Staying on Wilmington Island again at the little townhouse that wifie is staying at now, nice little troll bridge on the way home from town. And go right by Uncle Bubba's restaurant before ya get to the turn-off to take the short-cut to Johnny Mercer Blvd.

Oh, Frank...Nancy said "Hi!" from Georgia. She said she wants to go back up to Broken Bow and rent a cabin again when we get back home in a couple of weeks.

Hmmm...is that a diving opportunity?

sealskin98:
Hmmm...is that a diving opportunity?

Sounds like a perfect opportunity. Carpe diem.

khacken:
Are you guys camping out there? Allen, do you know any good places to stay there? maybe I can do some smooth talking and be able to head out there. Still a little teary eyed from missing out on the Memorial Day trip with SIS.

I got a room for Sat. night at the Microtel at Idabel.

khacken:
Allen, do you know any good places to stay there?

khacken, are you looking at camping or a motel or renting a cabin? All are available. Been camping and renting cabins there for years, but haven't stayed in a motel. Broken Bow Inn is just in the south part of town and looks alright. Do a search on Beavers Bend and Broken Bow for stuff. If you want to camp Frank and I can give you some places to go. I think Frank had a nice cabin one time, just had to have twelve burros to get the truck to it. :D

(Edit): Oh, Foo's on...she can tell ya about the cabin the group rented awhile back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom