Where can I post about two available spots on a liveaboard trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaJuul

New
Reaction score
Hello fellow buoyant people! This is Julius writing from the Netherlands.

I have a question regarding the following: exactly where on the forum can I post about two spots on an upcoming diving trip that have become available?
A bit of background: me and my fiancé Jennifer are not able to join our group of 6 this November for our long-awaited trip near Raja Ampat because of an acute health issue that Jennifer now has to struggle with.
As you can probably imagine, both the medical matter as well as the fact that this trip is has made an impact on our well-being. Nevertheless, we are now rushing to find anyone who would have the time, mans and enthusiasm to board this ship instead of us.
Since I'd hate to clutter up your forum I figured it wise to consult you before I post a message (you can find the message I was thinking of below).

Hope to hear from you soon, and thank you so much in advance for your help!

Kind regards, Julius

I was thinking of the following message:
------
Hi!

Here’s a sad message from a world-traveling diver and perhaps an opportunity for fellow divers.

My fiancé and I booked a small-group liveabaord diving trip to Raja Ampat but we are not able to join because of health reasons.
The date is already pretty close, but considering how a lot of us jump at any chance to dive, we would feel bad not to offer this up for a peer.

So below are the specs:

20 nov. - 1 dec. 2022 (12 days)
8 persons; 4 Dutch, 1 Italian, 1 American, all of whom are very experienced divers (ages approx. 35 to 45). We have 1 friend in common that organized the trip
Beautiful luxury ship called the Monta Mae (max. cap. 16 persons) MantaMae You can also find lots of info online
50 planned dives, ranging from early morning to night dives
4 instructors
1 cook
Launching from Ambon
Final destination is Sorang

Of course we’ll give it away at a discount; our own fee (excl. flights) was €4000 per person (which we can proof if necessary) but we figured we can ‘sell’ it at €2000 per person. We reckon that’s pretty much a bargain.

If you or any of your fellow divers are interested, please let us know!
I can imagine it might be a hassle for some to organize it at such sort notice, so we’ll do our best to help you get it up and running.
Also, of course we are happy to give you any additional info you might request.

Kind regards,

Julius Betist
(Writing from the Netherlands)

I'm so sorry to hear about this life misfortune and wish Jennifer the very best.

The wording that you have chosen for your post is fine. runsongas post is the right place for your post. Give it a good strong title.

And my gosh, how I'd love to give myself this trip for my birthday present. Unfortunately, as you've pointed out, it's short notice and I've a different travel commitment, though I'll be in the region in January.

Most important is for Jennifer to get well. My best to you both.

Thank you so much for all the info and the wishes - Jennifer greatly appreciated it :)
The whole thing was becoming such a letdown, so it's nice to feel so welcome amongst our diving peers!

Back
Top Bottom