Bringing my own live aboard inflatable life vest ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just recently found a NOS Analox CO monitor to replace that POS CooTwo that I've been lugging around everywhere. The Cootwo went with me everywhere for tanks and hotel rooms, which sadly also meant it went even after I got a Divesoft. Considering the issues it has, I'm quite happy to pack the Analox and the Divesoft instead, and I'm a firm believer in analyzing every tank you breathe, and in some places around the world, every hotel room you stay at.

No one is jumping from a commercial aircraft. It’s a crap analogy.

DBCooper.jpg

:cheers:

Come to think of it, my wife and I take one spare wing between the two of us. It's one of those DSS wings that lays totally flat, doesn't weigh much, etc. Of course, since we only take one . . . .

Probably weighs about 2 pounds?

@Stoo

CO for compressors and air aside, I bring a CO detector for my liveaboard and hotel rooms overseas as I frequent SE Asia. Those are sometimes not present, and even if it were, I don't know that I trust it enough to function properly and have a detectable level that is acceptable, or even functioning at all or with batteries in them.

Me too! I admit that I test my tanks "discretely". I've been to places where the operator seemed "insulted" that I doubted their air quality.... :)

As far as I know, I had the only CO monitoring system on any liveaboard in the world, and I haven't seen any others since.

Interesting. That's not my experience... Having said that, I take my CO analyzer anyway. It's not like it's a big thing.

Me too! I admit that I test my tanks "discretely". I've been to places where the operator seemed "insulted" that I doubted their air quality.... :)

"It's not that I don't trust you, it is that I don't trust ANYONE."

“Much of the world's best diving is in 2nd or 3rd world locations”.

Exactly which SECOND WORLD” countries have the best dive locations?

Methinks someone knows not what “second world” means!

Cuba?

Back
Top Bottom