Breathable Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the drysuits do have pressure differentials with a vacuum created on the bottom from the ATA difference across the depth. You also have outward pressure from the air trying to escape through the back of the suit. The main difference between that and the motorcycle vest moving 80mph is that the water itself has a lot of stuff it has to pass through before it hits the membrane and the force exerted on it is broken up considerably. If you sat straight up at 80mph in the middle of a monsoon, you're going to get wet eventually, but it's going to take a bit for it to happen

Thanks all. After the conversation here I've decided I'm going to just stick to my Fusion with the Drycore.
Good choice. I like my Fusion, there is some condensation after a dive but I just crack the zipper like tbone suggested.

I'll hazard a guess that the drysuit material is stretched repeatedly more than in other GoreTex applications and the different elasticity of the layers leads to debonding and delamination.

Back
Top Bottom