breast feeding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know, once you let society push you underground.... Mommy's have the right to use them for what they are meant for. (and THEN get inplants) "Pervs" can always find material, I wouldn't bother trying to dodge them or even figure out what they think. Just do your thing....who cares?

Hey, how did I get in here anyway?....I thought this was going to be about diving while breastfeeding. Now that would make you feel womanly. or whaley....well Mammalian at the very least.

Babies and breast feeding have been around for quite a while, it's too bad that some sections of society are so hung up and that breast feeding would ever be more than a natural activity. The last time I checked, breasts were not in the same category as "sexual organs".
Catherine has a good point. Certain people can find almost any activity "sexual". Let that be their problem, not yours.

Funny I read this today, and I just seen a woman feeding at Target in the Clothing section with no cover at all. I was shocked and did a double look... sure-a-nuf, the nip was out and showing. I think that if there is an option to go to a more private spot it’s not rude to question why she would do it in public. For gods sake at least cover your chest while feeding if you can't get out of the general publics view! I don't want to see some other guy’s wife breast feeding in the men’s clothing dept when she could have easily gone to the fitting rooms and done it there. That is not too much to ask. I don’t want my kids seeing that unless it’s unavoidable, it’s a part of life that you experience very young and then when you’re an adult again and have your own kids. I believe that in the USA today, society overall would say that what I seen was not approprate.

AHHHHH....it's not "some other guy's wifes breast!" It is HER breast! .....are you a troll?

That was the MOST trollish type comment I have read in the entire time I have been on SB....but I don't hold it against you cause I know a lot of very nice people that agree with you.

that was a little "chauvinistic" though, not sure I can give you a pass on that....excuse us while we have your babies. Seriously, that is disturbed. Have you ever, um...noticed the madonna at church or anything similiar?

Perhaps if more kids saw that and their parents explained that this is a natural part of life, we would have less problems distinguishing between breast feeding and sex.

we better get out of here, this cannot be good. I feel a whaling thread coming on.

SmileMon:
Babies are babies, if someone is offended by nature they should reconsider their own relationships, who knows, it might lead to another baby.

you take things too personally (odd, since you're a guy!) :)

You're making a blanket statement by saying "if someone is offended by nature, blah blah blah"... I mean, nature encompasses a LOT of things- mating animals, predators ripping apart the flesh of weaker animals, birds pooping on statues... lol, those are all part of "nature", and while it doesn't "offend" me, I have no desire to SEE any of the above. ;-) Same with a breastfeeding mother... Its not offensive, but I think it can be done more discreetly.

catherine96821:
AHHHHH....it's not "some other guy's wifes breast!" It is HER breast! .....are you a troll?

That was the MOST trollish type comment I have read in the entire time I have been on SB....but I don't hold it against you cause I know a lot of very nice people that agree with you.

that was a little "chauvinistic" though, not sure I can give you a pass on that....excuse us while we have your babies. Seriously, that is disturbed. Have you ever, um...noticed the madonna at church or anything similiar?

I have to echo Catherine's sentiments and views here..
Breastfeeding is a natural part of life and there's no need to get offended by it.
bjpell:
Funny I read this today, and I just seen a woman feeding at Target in the Clothing section with no cover at all. I was shocked and did a double look... sure-a-nuf, the nip was out and showing. I think that if there is an option to go to a more private spot it’s not rude to question why she would do it in public. For gods sake at least cover your chest while feeding if you can't get out of the general publics view! I don't want to see some other guy’s wife breast feeding in the men’s clothing dept when she could have easily gone to the fitting rooms and done it there. That is not too much to ask. I don’t want my kids seeing that unless it’s unavoidable, it’s a part of life that you experience very young and then when you’re an adult again and have your own kids. I believe that in the USA today, society overall would say that what I seen was not approprate.

I'm also pretty sure that they lady to which you referred to in your post did not 'expose' herself out of idleness but rather of necessity.
The hungry child....

I don't want to see some other guy’s wife breast feeding in the men’s clothing dept when she could have easily gone to the fitting rooms and done it there.

And i'm sure you mis-typed here, but you suggest that she or part of her at the very least is property of her husband.
Hmmmmm, me thinks not.

I wonder what kids see on the internet? In my opinion, kids know a lot more about human sexuality than we adults give them credit for and making something like breast feeding taboo is just widening the gap. A lot of parents don't want to face facts but education and an honest look at human sexuality with your children gives them the tools they need to grow up in today's world.

well, we wouldn't want those woman and their breasts to "slip the collar" and take off on their own. Okay....I am really going now....to trim forum where my opinion matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom