Breakwater complaint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The season is on us...beautiful weather, tourist crowds...warming water and lots of sunshine...we usually arrive very early at breakwater...we have notice in the winter that there are groups that want to stay together...and thats totally understandable...but the group doesnt arrive together ,,,in fact some of the group is very late so those that arrive early trip to save spots by putting lawn chairs or dive floats in parking spots to save them for friends...

This is not legal and it is very rude to the rest of us who also have friends or students who want to park together...this last weekend there almost all spaces were full by 7:30am ...a woman was blocking off 2 spaces with dive tubes...we talked to her and and she was from the valley saving spots for late student...we told her that we also had students comming and if they got there before hers they would take the spots...it is better to discuss this than fight...she was very understanding and had no problem...I watched as at least 4 people stopped at the parking spots then moved on because they were blocked...she would not make eye contact because if asked she would have to move the floats and allow parking...one of our students arrived and I had him ask to have the float removed so he could park...there was no problem...she was able to save one spot for her student...

Summer is on us...and it will be more crowded...I just want to say ,,,respect others don't be rude...don't block parking spots...remember...parking is on a first come bases and can not be saved....just blowing off on a very pet peeve...thanks..oh yeah,,,diving last weekend was awesome!...saw very large rainbow nudibrach...

Thanks for posting this.....

I had a class down at the Breakwater this last weekend, JustinW assisted me and when we got to the breakwater we saw exactly that , Many spaces being BLOCKED.

I feel this is unacceptable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom