Breakwater Briefly - 08.10.08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a mola right at the breakwater dock Saturday.

Maybe it's the same one. Do you know if they're known to hang around the same area for a while?

Maybe it's the same one. Do you know if they're known to hang around the same area for a while?
Molas are seasonal. Most years about now (usually a week or two later) they turn up,
the books say to get cleaned by the senioritas and sharp-nosed perch, some say to
dine on the jellies (no shortage of them). They will probably be around through late
Sept. I once stumbled on a cleaning station just north of The Barge, and there were
probably 30 individuals there. So keep your eyes open the next few weeks.

I would love to see a mola. I was so excited when Michelle wrote in the sand what she had seen, only a bit jealous that I hadn't had the opportunity to see it myself! Michelle, however, is awesome at seeing great stuff!

And PS: Michelle - your photos are awesome! :)

Well, even though I didn't get to experience a totally dry drysuit dive yet, I feel like I'm getting a little closer. Only the top half of my body was wet this time and I there wasn't even enough water to wring out my undergarment. :wink: Thanks for loaning me the neoprene ring Kenn! It didn't do the trick but it did help some.

Doh, sounds a little like my experience with it (and if it's a tad too big for me, it's gotta be too big for you). I'm glad it helped a little though. Feel free to hold onto it until you get around to sending the suit in for a replacement seal.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to meet everyone else, y'all sound like a real swell bunch :)

I would love to see a mola. I was so excited when Michelle wrote in the sand what she had seen, only a bit jealous that I hadn't had the opportunity to see it myself! Michelle, however, is awesome at seeing great stuff!

And PS: Michelle - your photos are awesome! :)

Awww, thanks Sarah! :blush:

Doh, sounds a little like my experience with it (and if it's a tad too big for me, it's gotta be too big for you). I'm glad it helped a little though. Feel free to hold onto it until you get around to sending the suit in for a replacement seal.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to meet everyone else, y'all sound like a real swell bunch :)

Yeah, it did help a little...without it I was pouring water out of my boots and with it, I was just wet (but not wringing wet) to my waist and down my arms. :wink: Thanks again for dropping it off for me!

Yeah, it did help a little...without it I was pouring water out of my boots and with it, I was just wet (but not wringing wet) to my waist and down my arms. :wink: Thanks again for dropping it off for me!

Mic, you need a new neck seal. Stop by and see Cricket.

Mic, you need a new neck seal. Stop by and see Cricket.

I know I do. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a user error issue or my undergarment getting in the way. My LDS is working with White's to make sure they sent it with the correct seal. I'm sure they'll take care of it if they have a smaller one. If not, I'll definitely go see Cricket.

Yes, we were on the Escapade for our AOW and did our second boat dive between Breakwater and Lover's. One from our group got a good shot of the Mola.

I know I do. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a user error issue or my undergarment getting in the way. My LDS is working with White's to make sure they sent it with the correct seal. I'm sure they'll take care of it if they have a smaller one. If not, I'll definitely go see Cricket.

White's thinks I have the wrong neck seal, so I sent it back yesterday and they're going to replace it. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom