Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not reported ANY post in this thread. NONE. And I would never report a post solely because I disagreed with it, nor would I ignore someone who disagrees with what I have to say. (I only put people who hijack threads on ignore or post only smileys, not those who disagree with me.)

My apologies, I should have been more specific but it's not allowed. While I may disagree your opinion that satatement was NOT directed at you. I'd include you in the folks I'd like to have a post dive lunch and a beer with. While we might disagree on this we're all divers just the same.

My apologies, I should have been more specific but it's not allowed. While I may disagree your opinion that satatement was NOT directed at you. I'd include you in the folks I'd like to have a post dive lunch and a beer with. While we might disagree on this we're all divers just the same.

Oh fair enough, thanks, you too :)

Anyway, yea just didn't want people to think I was being a sooky lala and reporting and ignoring people who disagree with me. Despite the huge differences of opinion I have with some people here it doesn't make me dislike them just that we disagree on whaling... (even DBCD :))

"Satatement" is what happens when I try to type too fast!
:dork2:

Satatement.. Is that what get telefaxed from the warm underground place to reuters?

I don't see what all the hoopla is about
... the whales are not endangered, and the whalers have the required permits to take as many as they do take, and that number does not put the population at risk.

That that requires the kind of grandstanding, risky, life threatening, sometimes illegal actions by anti whalers ... is beyond me

I don't see what all the hoopla is about
... the whales are not endangered, and the whalers have the required permits to take as many as they do take, and that number does not put the population at risk.

That that requires the kind of grandstanding, risky, life threatening, sometimes illegal actions by anti whalers ... is beyond me
Because "The show must go on"?

You don't think he could maybe whaling do you ?
The Shonen Maru 2 is a security vessel; it is not a whaler from what I understand. Instead of a harpoon gun it has water cannons and acoustic guns, that it turned on well before it got close to the hardly moving AG.

I did just copy and paste from a much earlier post and have a better understanding of the AG cockpit now, solely from limited visual inspection. If the controls are only in one place, just behind the cockpit windows, the water cannon would have had to cause a crew member to move forward uncontrollably to have any chance of physically moving the controls; unless there is something like a fly bridge in the open cockpit area. :idk:

Perhaps the water cannon was hitting the windows of the cockpit so the last thing the pilot saw was the hard starboard turn and when crew started yelling to get out of the way the pilot made a blind choice?

No matter the less than 5 second thrust of the AG, the collision happened because the Whaler Captain violated the rules of the road with regards to the overtaking vessel. Sure, go ahead and charge the AG pilot with being a panicky idiot; he still did not cause the incident, in many opinions much more learned than moi.
Oh yeah the water cannon hit inside the cab?

The Shonen Maru 2 is a security vessel; it is not a whaler from what I understand. Instead of a harpoon gun it has water cannons and acoustic guns, that it turned on well before it got close to the hardly moving AG.

I did just copy and paste from a much earlier post and have a better understanding of the AG cockpit now, solely from limited visual inspection. If the controls are only in one place, just behind the cockpit windows, the water cannon would have had to cause a crew member to move forward uncontrollably to have any chance of physically moving the controls; unless there is something like a fly bridge in the open cockpit area. :idk:

Perhaps the water cannon was hitting the windows of the cockpit so the last thing the pilot saw was the hard starboard turn and when crew started yelling to get out of the way the pilot made a blind choice?

No matter the less than 5 second thrust of the AG, the collision happened because the Whaler Captain violated the rules of the road with regards to the overtaking vessel. Sure, go ahead and charge the AG pilot with being a panicky idiot; he still did not cause the incident, in many opinions much more learned than moi.

I sure hope the investigative bodies, whoever and wherever they may be, have you testify for them as you obviously have it all figured out.

I sure hope the investigative bodies, whoever and wherever they may be, have you testify for them as you obviously have it all figured out.

Yes, it does seem that way doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom