Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again I am personally no longer laying blame. I am calling them stoooooopid. They got in the way...they stayed in the way....now we have another artificial reef. Thanks SS :thumbs-up

And they stayed in its path. Failure to act in this instance = stupid. I am glad that you would have stayed in place clearly in the path of a MUCH larger ship but I would have gotten out of the way.

And don't forget the Bears! Ok I can't help myself; a short story...

A friend of mine (a USN Captain) and I were going for dinner one night in Coronado. He said to me, "I've always wanted to ask you this question: Do you Canadians carry guns around when you're outside the major cities?" No I replied; why do you ask? "Well the Bears, how do you protect yourself?" I told him the Moose were the problem, you didn't need a weapon for Bears, we just deal with them hand-to-hand. He didn't laugh and just looked away in-thought. You know up to this day, I think he believes we wrestle Bears in Canada. Smart man, just spent too long at Sea... :)

:rofl3: The reason I said what I id was I lived 18 miles from British Columbia for several years. Never had problems with bears, but a moose on 2 occasions broke windows aty house :rofl3:

I'm going to see if we can get a "Group Buy" on these T-shirts if anyone else is interested? :thumb:

dive-ady-gil.jpg

Count me in. I understand it is a great wreck. The whalers gave it a good wash to clean the outside and the crew claims to have completely removed all chemicals from the inside. They're good.

Is that why you can see by the prop wash that they were throttling into the big ship?? That is very clear..[/QUOT

They tried to move, probably in a state of disbelief and panic.
I seriously doubt they believed they were in
eminent danger of being run over until the last few seconds
and by then it was just too late.

One throttle forward, one throttle reverse and that boat turns 180 degrees in it's own length. You can see both wakes as the boat accelerates forward. Why would they be in a state of disbelief and panic? They traveled half way around the world to get in the way of large ponderous ships. This was their plan. They were very experienced boat handlers.

I don't think it reasonable to expect to be run over and I don't
think it's reasonable to blame them for not getting out of the way.
In this instance they are clearly not the aggressor.

Its not like they were on the interstate. Thats a big friggin ocean.. They were hit cause they were stupid...

One throttle forward, one throttle reverse and that boat turns 180 degrees in it's own length. You can see both wakes as the boat accelerates forward. Why would they be in a state of disbelief and panic? They traveled half way around the world to get in the way of large ponderous ships. This was their plan. They were very experienced boat handlers.

I agree.. The bottom half of that was not my words, it was the quote of the sea shepard wannabe.

Maybe the ady gil will be the new "Mt Everest" of diving!

Has this video from the Bob Barker been posted?

Both views for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom