Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that why you can see by the prop wash that they were throttling into the big ship?? That is very clear..[/QUOT

They tried to move, probably in a state of disbelief and panic.
I seriously doubt they believed they were in
eminent danger of being run over until the last few seconds
and by then it was just too late.

People driving million dollar boats dont usually panic. They have training, the stuff you get so when you see a big freakin ship lining up on your boat you get the hell out of the way..

and by then it was just too late.[/QUOTE]

.......in the last few second they applied forward thrust... To dodge the very large ship that was going to run them over right?

If they were in the path of the ship forward thrust would only have made the large vessel take a bigger chunk of the bow!

You can not explain away stupid as someone has said. Oh yeah Save the whales
See you topside! John

and by then it was just too late.

Sorry but anybody that allows a ship that size get that close to them and NOT realize they are up ****s creek is definitely not playing with a full deck of cards. Ships that size do not turn on a dime.....especially at the speed it was travelling.

They were aiming for dramatics and they apparently succeeded.

I'm going to see if we can get a "Group Buy" on these T-shirts if anyone else is interested? :thumb:

dive-ady-gil.jpg

I'm going to see if we can get a "Group Buy" on these T-shirts if anyone else is interested? :thumb:

dive-ady-gil.jpg
Im in..:D

Naaa.. Too many mooses running loose there :rofl3:

And don't forget the Bears! Ok I can't help myself; a short story...

A friend of mine (a USN Captain) and I were going for dinner one night in Coronado. He said to me, "I've always wanted to ask you this question: Do you Canadians carry guns around when you're outside the major cities?" No I replied; why do you ask? "Well the Bears, how do you protect yourself?" I told him the Moose were the problem, you didn't need a weapon for Bears, we just deal with them hand-to-hand. He didn't laugh and just looked away in-thought. You know up to this day, I think he believes we wrestle Bears in Canada. Smart man, just spent too long at Sea... :)

People driving million dollar boats dont usually panic. They have training, the stuff you get so when you see a big freakin ship lining up on your boat you get the hell out of the way..

I saw some of last seasons whale wars. There isn't any training.

I don't think it reasonable to expect to be run over and I don't
think it's reasonable to blame them for not getting out of the way.
In this instance they are clearly not the aggressor.

The whaler would at the least have a close quarter situation if the Ady Gil had stayed where they were.
I see prop wash and a wake from the Ady Gil meaning it thrusts itself forward. INTO THE PATH OF THE WHALER! Resulting in a ramming or a collision. The person at the helm of the Ady Gil operated in a reckless manner.

The larger vessel that assaulted the smaller vessel was the one that caused the close quarters situation. Can you not conceive that when the swell jerked the 'Maru starboard the AG pilot thought the best action to avoid broadside might be forward, but the 'Maru turning hard port caused the AG pilot to regret his forward action? :shocked2:

Kind of like when two fat people are walking down the sidewalk, one from the UK and one from the US. Both swing to their normal "driving" side, then their eyes get big and they both swing to the other side; then they bump into each other. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom